Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hot Glass on a Cold Day

Eddy Shuldman writes:
Schools are closed today so I got to stay home and take care of some chores. Sorting through a file drawer of old papers kept my attention just so long.....TIME to play with glass.

I finished up the letters for a Challah plate commission and headed out to the shed where I keep the kilns.

The temperature out back was 25 degrees. You won't believe this, but that's too cold start the kiln! Too funny!

Although the kiln will top out at 1450 degrees F in about 5 hours, I actually had to bring out a small space heater to preheat the controller so I could fire up the kiln!

The snow continues to fall and I have a choice....clean out another drawer or play with more glass ....hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Oh... and here's the view looking out from my shed.


1 comment :

Esther said...

What I find amazing is that these snow pictures are COLOR photos! Happy playday!