Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fabric Vase?!!

Tell the truth: when Laurie said she's working on Fabric Vases, didn't you wonder what in the world that was? Well, she revealed them yesterday! Check this out... it's so beautiful! And you put a jar of water inside for the flowers. How cool is that??

(Okay, I will admit that I might actually have to use it as a purse, but don't tell Laurie, okay?)

Come see more of these incredible creations at our Celebration of Art on October 12th at MJCC.

Meanwhile, see Laurie's web page: www.northwestjewishartists.org/laura.html

2 comments :

Sparks of Spirit Glass said...

I had a chance to see this vase up close and personal....
WOW!
I agree with Esther that with a handle this would make an awesome purse.....but as a vase it is incredibly versatile. I could see this in a variety of places in a home. Dried flowers or fresh.....it would be a stunning accent . Most vases are boring and uniform.
This pieces elevates the humble vase to new heights!

estherbeads said...

Heh-heh, this reminds me of what a fellow bead artist once said:
If it's cheap, it's called a Vase.
If it's expensive, it's called a Vaz. But if you bead it (or make it into some kind of art), it's called a Vessel.

I'd say that this one is a major Vessel!!