Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions in Art



We'll be posting some of our member's art resolutions.....WHAT'S YOURS?

SABINA WOHFEILER: painter

I don't make resolutions.  They seem to set me up for failure.  Instead, I sit down at year's beginning and craft "intentions"…. directions in which I wish to move.  Art is a core essential in my life, yet I often find it being pushed into a corner, waiting for me to bring to it the right time, the right head space, energy and direction.   Needless to say, that special alignment eludes me often!  So….This year I intend to develop an art PRACTICE.  Kind of like I imagine musicians develop naturally, out of necessity.  Whether I'm in the mood or not, I'm going to sit down and create something, anything, using any medium, just so I'm immersed in the DOING of art, rather than just the "thinking about doing" art.  I'm going to aim for three times a week, for several hours at a time.  Hopefully, the fun will fuel me into perhaps devoting more time and energy in that direction.  But I'm going to accept what comes, rather than overhaul my sweet life to exclude other joyful pursuits.  It's all about balance. Wish me luck!

No comments :