Wednesday, January 30, 2013

ArtWorks at the MJCC



uhhh, what are you going to do with that?


The Mittleman Jewish Community Center has begun a new program called ArtWorks.

Each month, a working artist will offer a demonstration of their work process.

Eddy Shuldman, a glass artist and one of the founders of ORA will be the first featured artist.
She'll demonstrate some of the more complex cutting techniques she employs in her work and will also offer the spectators an opportunity to try their hand at simple glass cutting.

In addition to the demonstration, Eddy will also have several of her finished pieces for sale. A portion of each sale will be donated to the MJCC. Mention that you saw this blog and you will receive an immediate discount on her glass....OR....place an order for a commissioned piece and also receive a discount!

Find out the difference between stained glass and fused glass....or even HOT glass. Learn to distinguish between irids and dichroic. Learn why slumping is not a symptom of depression although it can make a depression!

3 comments :

Jeff Rivera said...

This is the a great initiative to promote creative art. I think whenever it comes to promote art, culture and music, I feel very happy. This is the best investment we can make to make our culture prosperous and some thing precious we leave behind for the generations to come.

I only hope that this great initiative never runs short of money and it always find admirers in sizable numbers.

Who knows in the time to come this exhibition becomes so renowned that it attracts artist from every nook and corner of this world. More power to the artists associated with this movement!

Sparks of Spirit Glass said...

Thanks for your supportive comments.
I had a reasonable turnout and I also hope that we can continue this program.

I loved chatting with folks and offering opportunities for people to try try their hand at cutting glass. It forced me to contemplate the how and why I do some of the things I do. Thats important refelection work we all eed to do!

Leslie Elder said...

A friend told me she was excited to happen upon your demo, wish I could have seen it.