Thursday, May 14, 2009

When I'm in the middle of a project, I'm happy. I can always pick it up and start working where I left off. But when I'm trying to figure out the logistics of my next project, I'm sort of frustrated. I long to be working with the needle, but I'm not at that point yet. And for some reason, I can't rush the planning stage. Sometimes it comes easily; this time it isn't! Sometimes I just pick up the needle and hold it, to feel that reassuring familiarity. Maybe I'll go play with my beads.

1 comment :

Sparks of Spirit Glass said...

I like the concept of "play." Alluding to my last post in the DO SOMETHING section, it really does seem to be about process. Picking up a sketchpad, writing out ideas, forcing the needle into action, lifting a brush or cutting some glass; the point is to pursue it in some fashion every day. Play leads to joy, to unblocked channels and the creativity will pour..and yet something stops us! Fear? Vulnerability? Frustration?
I guess we just push through that all and do it, even if it yields the crappiestart on the planet.