Saturday, October 11, 2008

There's a Kind of Hush...

Our show is tomorrow. After months of hustle and bustle, meetings, computers, e-mails, errands and phone calls, there is now an amazing quiet between us. It's up to each of us individually now, getting our own work done, planning our displays, perhaps panicking a little bit privately. Yom Kippur imposed a mandatory stop on all fretting and activity, and now we each have a very finite period of time to get it all finalized.

Even when I've seen fellow group members in the last few days, there hasn't been much discussion of particulars; just a quiet "are you ready?" accompanied by a small smile, or just "See you Sunday." It's fascinating how personal it becomes in the last moments.

So I'm taking a minute out of my own private preparation to comment on this phenomenon. And I also want to wish every one of our artists a very successful and gratifying experience tomorrow.

Hatzlacha!!!

1 comment :

Esther said...

Leslie Elder wrote:

It actually worked out for me to have the holidays looming before the show because I got most of my work done early before Rosh hashonna. I didn't have much to do after Yom kippur was over. It has been pretty crazy though having the holidays and the show so close together.

Leslie