Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Meet Ahuva!

Ahuva Shmueli will be a featured artist at the JAM Lobby Show May 12-17
ORA is pleased to welcome Ahuva to the Jewish Arts Month Lobby Show at the MJCC!
(6651 SW Capitol Hwy. Portland, Oregon) 
Here's a personal note from the artist! 
Shalom!

 Since I moved to Portland three years ago, I have been focusing on learning, exploring and making art. 

 I use three main medias: drawing with ink and markers, encaustic paintings and printmaking. 

 My inspiration is mostly urban scape. I leave down town and admire the view that I see every day, and that is so deferent from the place I came from. 

 I also love houses - the inside and outside of them. They represent a lot for me - personally and culturally. 

You can meet Ahuva on Monday May 13th or Tuesday the 14th between 11:45-2:30 or Wednesday between 1-3:30 in the lobby of the MJCC!

Her work is available for purchase, even when she's not there! Just pick up her card and let her know which of her beautiful pieces you'd like to purchase!

1 comment :

Leslie Elder said...

Looking forward to seeing your work in JAM!