Sunday, January 16, 2011

Keeping the Flame Burning


















What a great community!

I received a phone call from Chabad's Mimi Wilhelm. She wanted some guidance in planning a women's learning event focusing on Shabbat Candles. Maybe to make them, or decorate them, or something like that.

My own experience with wax and candles is NOT something you'd want to repeat, let alone share or pass on! So I put out a quick e-mail to our ORA membership asking for help.

Within a few hours I had replies from several people, with all kinds of helpful information, AND volunteering to help! I could hardly believe how easy it was. And, next thing I know, there's a photo in my email box of Sharon Segal following through with Mimi!

If you're available, you may want to join Mimi when she presents this study session on the mystical and magical powers of Shabbat Candles, Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 7:00 pm

For information, and to sign up, go to www.PortlandJewishWomen.com

And thanks go to Sharon and all the others who replied so quickly and graciously. Women sharing their knowledge with other women... keeping the flame of Judaism alive... it's beautiful!

2 comments :

Sparks of Spirit Glass said...

Looks like fun! I wish I could go.
How great that Sharon could lend her skills to this!
YaY Sharon!

Mimi Wilhelm said...

Thank you Esther, Sharon and Leslie for all your help! You are a great commnunity and with your help the upcoming event will be great fun, meaningful and insparational.

It was wonderful meeting you this morning Sharon