Friday, October 1, 2010

Harriet Kaufman Levi: Mixed Media


HARRIET KAUFMAN LEVI

BRIEF BIO

I started my artistic career in the 1960’s at the Boston University School of Theatre. During that period I designed costumes for the Tufts University Theatre, the Kennebunkport Opera Theatre, and the Charles Playhouse. After attempting to do the costumes for Doctor Faustus at the University of Oregon while parenting two toddlers, I postponed my “artistic life”. For the next 35 years I taught preschool, worked for Headstart, and then worked in higher education in parenting, early childhood ed, and eventually found my calling in coordinating and teaching Women’s Studies. After retiring from 21 years at Clark College, I was then free to pursue my dream of becoming an artist. I work primarily in acrylics and wood, but also explore pastels, inks, watercolors, and multimedia.

I have shown in numerous group and solo shows in the northwest and in Daegu, Korea. Most recently(summer 2010) my work has appeared in the International Women’s Artists Exhibit at the Littman gallery at PSU, the Geezer Gallery, the Albina Bank in the Pearl, and a 2 person show at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral.

http://www.artistliszt.com/harrietlevi


No comments :