Saturday, August 21, 2010

David Slader, guest artist

Interview with David Slader

Q: Why do you paint?
A: If I don't pain, I get depressed. If I do paint, I get to make other people depressed. Much better.

Q: Why are your paintings squares?
A: I'm cheap. Home Depot sells the boards I like in 2'x4' panels. If I cut in half, I get two!

Q: Why do you apply paint so thick?
A: It's called "impasto." I think that means playing with pasta. It's fun, like a food fight. Try it.

Q: Why do you focus on faces so tightly?
A: I don't mean to, but the models keep moving toward me. I think they are trying to attack.

Q: What are your paintings trying to say?
A: If I ever catch one of my paintings saying anything, I will turn it into a landscape - with a rainbow.

Q: Shouldn't artists strive to make a point?
A: No, that's why we have Fox News.

Q: Is it true your paintings caused a riot when they were exhibited in New York?
A: I don't comment on pending litigation.


Come see the artwork of David Slader at :

CELEBRATION OF ART
Sunday, October 24, 2010
10 am - 4 pm
Mittleman Jewish Community Center
Free admission




1 comment :

Sparks of Spirit Glass said...

I heard that the jury just loved David's bold strokes and
use of color. I look forward to seeing David's paintings up close and personal!

Fun interview! An artist with a sense of humor!