Friday, June 11, 2010

A Breath of Plein Aire

Leslie Elder writes:

I am taking plein aire classes from Aimee Erickson this summer. The class is for artists working in acrylic or oil. The first class is in Multnomah Village July 6-9th. The second class is July 12-16th, and will focus on urban landscape in downtown Portland. You can sign up through the Multnomah Art Center.

I find that oil is a great medium to use outside because it doesn't dry too fast like watercolors tend to do. I really enjoy getting out of my studio in the summer to paint outside. With all the rain we've had lately I like to absorb as much sunshine as possible while the weather is good.

1 comment :

Sparks of Spirit Glass said...

How exciting! I look forward to seeing what you create this summer. I loved what you were able to create last summer!