Monday, August 24, 2009

Working and Dreaming

Laura Joy Fendel writes:

I've completed 3 new pieces, ready for review and critique tomorrow night. Very excited about my collaged fabric, and 3-dimension on top of 3-dimension. Working on a series of vessels that are not conventional shapes, and stenciled Hebrew letters... from Kabbalah.

Formulating the design, color, meshing those with the shape of the vase, along with the sewing technique is challenging me tonight. Sometimes the process happens with serendipity, sometimes with struggle. Actually, I'd like a chocolate break. Would that give me Ruach, and Ahseeyah? Yes, I think so.

I've joined the Columbia FiberArts Guild, attended a fabulous meeting, and I'm looking forward to another in two weeks, along with a two day class with a national quilter. I have found several new books that speak to my kind of creative process, and also advance my skill level.

I dream of an organized permanent studio, dedicated only to my fiber passion, and not sharing with a small guest room/office.

Dreaming of a trip to Europe with other fabric junkies, seeing the sites, living with local families, and rejoicing in discovering treasure troves of unique fabrics. Sharing the glee with other passionate, fun loving women. It will come in due time. What does European chocolate taste like... in Europe???

Laura Joy
August 24, 2009
.

1 comment :

Sparks of Spirit Glass said...

Awesome work! Such fun this evening at critique group.
Laurie, your sense of color, texture, lines is astoundingl
What's next?